Saturday, June 26, 2021

Mid-Year Mood Board



We’re halfway through the year which means it’s time to take a look at my mid-year mood board! 

A mood board consists of text and images to visually communicate an idea, feeling or concept- if you watch Interior Design Challenge you'll know that they're often used by interior designers to help a client envision a project or style. Personally I like mood boards because you make them look as aesthetic as you like and I use them to visualise my ambitions for the future. I've found that since purchasing my iPad my love for a mood board has grown being able to produce a digital version using Procreate and Pinterest, the process is so relaxing and satisfying. I switch up the aesthetic and colour theme depending on what I'm into whether that's neutrals, 90s, or florals and they're only a few ideas. My mid-year mood board has a pink theme with positive quotes and images- giving good vibes and looking cute. 

Graduating university 

 It’s official, I’ve completed my Film Studies degree and I'm super proud of myself! Working and studying from home during such a crucial time was challenging, but it's done and now all I have to do is wait for the grades to be released. 


Begin a masters degree 

In 'My Goals For 2021' I mentioned that I'd like to apply for a master's course which I have and, as long as I get the required grades, I'll begin studying journalism in a few months. 

 

Create a podcast

Between finishing my degree, my part-time job, and keeping up with my social life my podcast hasn't progressed. However, after a short break I'm working on it again; there's a lot of research, films to be watched and specific features to be finalised. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to share it by the end of the year. 


Go on holiday

I won't be going abroad this year, but I do love a little staycation! I was lucky enough to have a gorgeous week away in the Lake District at the end of May; there's so many places to explore there with lots to do, it was super relaxing and just lovely to get away. Next up is a mini spa break in August, I've never been to a spa before but I know it's going to be dreamy. 


Start driving again 

For this things are moving in the right direction! Driving lessons and tests give me a little anxiety, but I know that passing my driving test is something I want and may need in the future. My theory test is booked, I'm feeling positive and hope that with some lessons I'll finally be able to pass my driving test. 


Positive mindset 

Your finally year of university is no joke, it drained me completely! Personally, I struggle with believing in myself and my work which causes a negative mindset. It's something I'd like to improve especially as I go on to do a masters degree. 

 

Concert

If the pandemic hadn't of happened I'd have been to six concerts last year alone. There's nothing better than live music! I'd give anything to experience the atmosphere and exhilaration of the lights going down, the crowd screaming, and the artist appearing. Honestly, I'm desperate to be at a concert even for the post-concert blues. None of my concerts have been rescheduled yet, but I've got tickets for Neighbourhood Weekender in September which is going to be epic!


There you have it, my mid-year mood board. Do you make mood boards or prefer writing down your aspirations, maybe you have a unique way of noting them down? Let me know in the comments below.

10 comments:

  1. I haven’t made a mood board before - apart from collages when I was a teenager. But I am wanting to make a mood board. But currently I use my bullet journal to write everything down. Thank you for sharing.

    Lauren -bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love collages when I was a teenager, you'd definitely love a mood board. I have a bullet journal but haven't really started it yet, I find them a little daunting. Thank you for your reply!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a mood board so you can visually see your goals! You've achieved so much this year and I know you're going to achieve so much more in months to come - congrats x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great isn't it?! I find writing them down super helpful but sometimes visualising them is so much more motivating- for me anyway. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! x

      Delete
  3. Great post! Creating a podcast is a brilliant idea, can't wait to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mood board, it made me want to create one! I love the pink vibe to yours, and yes to concerts starting again! I miss live music so much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'd definitely recommend it, you'll have to let me know if you do create one. Me too, I used to have so many concerts lined up and can't wait for them to happen again. Thank you again for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love your moodboard - I've never done anything like it but it looks like such an interesting way of reflecting on what's already happened! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great and a lot of fun too- I used to love making collages when I was younger. Thank you for your lovely comment x

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS