Wednesday, January 6, 2021

A Fresh Start


Hello!

Finally, I’m ready to start writing for my blog again after an extended / unintentional break. 


I launched this blog over two years ago with a lot of ambition and SO many ideas- some of which are still very real. A month or two later I began university and quickly realised I was in over my head. I struggled with balance and ultimately had to prioritise my studies. At the time neglecting my blog frustrated me but in hindsight, it was the best decision I could’ve made. 


Where am I now? Well, I’m in my final year of university and absolutely loving it. The work load is totally intense, especially with working from home, but I feel more motivated than ever. As a third year student not too far away from graduating (hopefully) I began to panic a little about what I'm going to do afterwards. In all honestly, I'm pretty sure I've figured out what I'd like to do- my absolute dream would be to write about film and have my own radio show. In the mean time, I realised that I want and need somewhere to showcase my writing. I'd like this blog to be a portfolio of sorts and because of this I'll be focusing a lot more on film. Many of you may not know that I study film at university, it's something I've always loved and my interest only continues to grow. Anyway, to coincide with this, I decided it was time for a change. You may have noticed the new name and I’m super excited about it! 


Welcome to The Direct Discussion. 


I want this blog to be so much more than a portfolio. I'd absolutely love it to become a platform where I can engage with people who enjoy the content I produce and post. To build upon this I've started an Instagram @thedirectdiscussion where you can get to know me a little better and keep up with me, day-to-day.


You don't even know how happy I am to get back into the swing of things!  Believe me some cool things are on the way! Please do let me know what you'd like to see from me, I'd love to hear from you.


Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my first post back.


Beck x




 

16 comments:

  1. This is really exciting! I came back to blogging since I was bored during covid and started a new blog to really give a fresh start. I have never really been into movies but my brother and boyfriend are big movie buffs so I'm trying to get into films this year so I'm really excited to read your blog in future x

    http://thesydneysider.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s amazing, blogging is such a good creative outlet isn’t it? Great that you’re trying to get into movies some more- I’m sure once you find a genre you enjoy you’ll be hooked. Can’t go wrong with a classic Scorsese movie so I’d definitely recommend Goodfellas or Shutter Island if you haven’t watched already. Thank you for your lovely comment!💓

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Blogging is a creative outlet for me, and it definitely keeps me going when I have something I can just disappear into. Thank you for sharing, looking forward to more posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally agree with you! I think with the way things are at the moment it's good to have something to occupy you too. Thank you so much for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations on the rebrand, I love the new name. And I'm glad to hear you're enjoying university, all the best for final year :)

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you like the new name, I always find the hardest part is picking! Thank you so much for the well wishes and your kind comment x

      Delete
  5. This is such a a positive post! I'm glad that you recognized that you needed to prioritize your studies first. Everything happens for a reason and it is all about timing. Excited for this new journey of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about the positivity in 2021 and totally agree with you- it definitely is all about timing! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! x

      Delete
  6. Writing in general has always been an amazingly helpful creative outlet for my thoughts and opinions and loves. I love the name of your blog and hope that your love of writing carries you forth into 2021. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm thinking about starting a new fresh journal to have somewhere else to write too. Thank you so much, the name is the hardest part! You're so kind x

      Delete
  7. Welcome back! I'm excited to see the content you're going to put out - and I'm happy to hear how motivated you feel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to be writing and apart of the blogging community again! Thank you so much for your lovely well wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on achieving your goals!! I think its important to set goals so we can come back to them and see whats been achieved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree with you and so motivational too! x

      Delete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS