Monday, August 27, 2018

Glossier Balm Dotcom

Lip balm.

A sacred and most wonderful necessity.

Glossier's Balm Dotcom very easily became my favourite, alongside my faithful Carmex of course!

Like the rest of the world, I'm an absolute sucker for Glossier. Their ethos and aesthetic is something that makes me a happy girl, the packaging is minimalist and pastel and cute af. I am on the website at least once a day.

The Balm Dotcom was actually the first Glossier purchase I ever made, then followed the addiction. I've been using a variation of three since March, so I've had the time to truly test them and gather an opinion. I went on the website with the intention of buying one and ended up with a trio, Glossier do this thing where you can buy duo's and trio's of products, which is handy for saving a bit of money. Although, if you're like me, a pushover for any sort of shopping deal to justify the spending, it could be dangerous.

Balm Dotcom spoils you for choice, there are six different flavours you can choose from- Original, Birthday, Rose, Cherry, Mint and Coconut. Each of these offer something different, the product isn't just for lips, it's a skin salve too but I'd only use the original on my skin. I have three and I'll give you a little info on each and my thoughts.

Mint is my most used from my trio. I've always been a big fan of anything minty, from face masks to lip balms. The majority always give a tingly feeling and I think it's the satisfaction of knowing it's working and actually doing something. When you put this on your lips, they instantly feel cooler and soothed. Quite often I'll reach for this when my lips are sore and dry, I'm confident it'll provide relief. The formula of all feel pretty similar, they lock in moisture thanks to the waxy texture. The Mint Balm Dotcom is clear, I actually like to wear this over the top of lip liner.

Birthday smells absolutely insane! Imagine a delicious, vanilla birthday cake because that's what it smells like. I did pick this one for the scent, I find you're still able to smell it after application, so if you don't like that I'd steer clear. I thought this would be clear like Mint, in fact it has a slight shimmer to it. Again, great over a lip liner or matte lip (for more moisture) or great on it's own.

Cherry is in-between for me. Most days I wear little to no makeup, by this I mean I only apply mascara and brows. The reddish tint in this Balm Dotcom is perfect for those days, it perks the face up and makes me look less like a corpse. The formula is buildable so you can achieve a brighter, more vivid shade of red if you want to. My only problem is the scent, like I said you can smell the scent after application and I hate the smell of cherry. This is my personal preference, other than that I absolutely adore the product.

My overall thoughts on Balm Dotcom?

Well, they're a staple in my day to day routine and when mine eventually run out, I'll be re-purchasing and possibly trying another flavour. There's no denying that at £10 each, Balm Dotcom is pricey in comparison to the average lip balm. However, I find that they're worth it! The staying power is great, it's one of those you can put on before bed and still feel when you wake up.

They do exactly what they're meant to and much more, being a universal salve. I can't comment much on that aspect as I am loyal to Aveeno when it comes to moisturising.

Real talk, tint and scent aside. Balm Dotcom do leave your lips feeling smooth and soft, which is all we want in a lip balm.

7 comments:

  1. I actually use the mint Balm dot Com from Glossier and I really like it. I have such dry lips and this stuff really does help. I also have Boy Brow, but I haven't used it yet.

    Great post! x

    Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Isn’t mint just the best?! BOY BROW IS A HOLY GRAIL!!!

      P.S. i love your posts about harry & fashion, if you haven’t read the rest of my blog- he is my hero x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried these but Birthday Cake would probalby be my first choice! I'm a sucker for anything vanilla. Great post :)

    http://dolledupbyj.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tysm!

      If you can you most definitely should, they’re lovely x

      Delete
  3. Great post about Glossier Balm. Keep up the great work and keep motivating us.

    Nahid | https://bestclicknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only tried the original no scent no flavour one and i love the way it makes my lips feel, i feel like i need to try the birthday one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of balm dotcom! My go to is the berry one and the smell of the birthday one is to die for! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS